Application of aluminum in the automotive industry
You are interested in the use of aluminum and its alloys in the automotive industry from the supplier — the company Electrovek-Steel? At us you will get acquainted with the most checked up information on the given theme
Buy the rolled aluminum and its alloys, which are used in the manufacture of vehicles, offers the company Elektrovek-steel. There are economically fair prices from the manufacturer. The supplier organizes the delivery of products to any point set by the customer.
Areas of aluminum use in the automotive industry
Leading automobile corporations of the world — Audi, Rover, Jaguar and others — are actively starting to use aluminum for making automotive bodies. So far, only cars, but, as materials science progresses, the appearance in the profile segment of the market of cargo vehicles, in the body of which aluminum products and units will prevail, is not excluded in the future. Most cars from Japanese brands Mazda, Mitsubishi also use aluminum alloys in their designs.
The reasons for this trend are:
- Sufficient strength of alloys;
- High corrosion resistance, which allows you to reduce the cost of surface finishing:
- The ability to obtain high-strength welded structures;
- Lightness, which reduces the specific energy consumption for the drive of the car.
Electrovek-steel company offers to purchase at affordable prices a variety of rolled aluminum and its alloys, which are actively used in the automotive industry. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of products to the address specified by the consumer.
A positive result from the use of aluminum and its alloys in the automotive industry
For the first time aluminum was used for these needs at the beginning of the last century. The reasons were two — resistance against corrosion (especially in a humid environment), and the ease of the vehicle. A new impetus to development was given by the oil crisis, when due to a sharp rise in price of oil, the question of the economics of car engines became particularly acute, which is directly related to their own weight. Since then, aluminum and its alloys are a long-term alternative to steels used in the manufacture and assembly of body parts. It is established that, due to the use of aluminum in a modern car, the total reduction in weight reaches 25… 30%, which accordingly reduces fuel consumption.
The use of aluminum also provides:
- Facilitating the static and dynamic balancing of the car;
- Facilitation of technological manufacturing operations, since all the alloys used are either highly deformable or have high casting qualities;
- Aluminum in complex cross-sections on the indicators of rigidity is almost inferior to steel, and this improves the management of the vehicle;
- Elastic properties of aluminum will reduce the level of vibration of the body when driving on uneven roads. At the same time, much more energy is absorbed, which positively affects the safety of passengers and the driver.
Buy aluminum alloys in a sufficient range of profiles for the needs of the automotive industry offers the company Elektrovek-steel. Prices are valid from the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of products to the point specified by the customer.