Which is better brass or stainless steel
Buy an affordable price of brass rolling of a variety of brands and cross-sections offers a service provider — the company Elektrovek-steel. Guaranteed compliance with the assortment of supply and prompt delivery of products to the consumer.
Comparison of rolled products
Brass and stainless steel often compete among themselves in the field of sanitary fittings and pipelines. In this case, brass pipes are delivered in a single-piece state, and have no seams. Stainless steel pipes can be welded. Thus, at the same operating pressures, the strength of the welded joint is often less. Familiar to many towel warmers of foreign firms are also often made of brass pipes, while the cost price of their production is quite comparable to stainless.
However, the parameters of the anticorrosion resistance of these materials give more grounds for comparison.
Company Electrovek-steel offers at economically reasonable prices from the manufacturer rolled brasses of different brands and profiles. The supplier guarantees the compliance with the nomenclature of the brass profile, ensures its delivery to the point set by the client.
Operating conditions of brass and stainless steel: comparative analysis
The usual brass rolling differs long working capacity under the following conditions:
- The working medium in contact with brass products is fresh water, the temperature of which does not matter;
- The absence in the external environment of vapors of chemically aggressive media;
- The absence of concentrated solutions of acids-acetic, orthophosphoric or sulfuric, provided that they do not contain dissolved oxygen or air.
If any of the above conditions are not observed, it is advisable to replace brass with stainless steel. To expand the spheres of optimal use of brass, they are doped with additional chemical elements:
- Tin, if brass products will come into contact with seawater;
- Lead, iron, aluminum — if the material will later be subjected to a foundry treatment;
- Nickel, if brass should be subjected to complex deforming shaping.
Stainless steel shows its advantages over brass when operating operating temperatures exceed 450… 500 0 С, and in the ambient air there are vapors of chemically aggressive gases provoking corrosion. An important factor is the financial factor: the prime cost of brass products for small orders is always higher than that of stainless steel products.
Rolled brass of various grades is offered by the company Elektrovek-Steel at economically reasonable prices. The supplier ensures timely delivery of the ordered products to the address set by the consumer.