Gas welding of copper
To purchase the technological processes, equipment and consumables required for efficient gas welding of copper, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. The supplier guarantees attractive prices from the manufacturer, timely delivery of goods to the point specified by the client.
Technological features gas welding of copper
The predominant gas used for welding copper products is acetylene. With its help in the area of the weld reaches temperatures necessary for the formation of a qualitative welded seam.
To ensure that the welding process was stable, it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- To exclude the conditions under which in the welding zone will form a stable compound of copper with oxygen. With this purpose, welding is carried out under a flux layer;
- Because copper has a low heat capacity and high thermal conductivity, metal is melted it is necessary to concentrate the thermal power in 5…7 times higher than the same parameter in the gas welding of steels;
- Because of the higher coefficient of linear expansion of copper those parts of the surface of the product, which was subjected to thermal influence of the gas, accumulate significant thermal stresses. They are often the cause of crack formation during cooling of the welded parts;
- To exclude weld «overlap», which can be lack of fusion products and, as a consequence, decreased mechanical strength of the weld.
The company Electrocentury-steel offers technology, equipment and consumables required for gas welding of copper. All products are sold at economically competitive prices from the manufacturer. The supplier provides timely delivery of the products to the address specified by the customer.
Sequence gas welding of copper
It is recommended that the following sequence of transitions:
- Stripping and cutting edges, in which parts are arranged at a certain distance, which takes into account the fact that thermal expansion of copper when heated;
- The choice of welding mode. With the increase of the velocity of the welding torch on the surface of products, reduces the risk of cracking because the maximum temperature difference decreases. Details of short-term pre-heated by the flame that is located some distance from the welding zone. Are welding under a flux layer;
- Set the flow of acetylene. The gas flow depends on the thickness of the welded products, and varies from 150…160 l/h — fine details, up to 180…220 l/h — for thick. These standards include that the travel speed of the torch during welding does not exceed 1 mm/s;
- The finished seam is cleaned of residue of slag, and then prokovyvayut: it cleaned the welding voltage and a few crushed grains of the macrostructure.
To buy tools and consumables for gas welding of copper, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. The implementation is done at producers ' prices. The supplier ensures prompt delivery of products to customers.