Cold welding of brass
Buy effective compounds, designed for cold welding of brass all grades, offers the company Electrovek-steel. Products are subject to economical prices from the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of orders to the point, the address of which is set by the client.
Conditions for the application of cold brass welding technology
In the practice of repair and restoration of plumbing communications that do not work under considerable pressure, sometimes it is necessary to apply the technology of brass piping connection at room temperature. Typical situations are:
- The place of repair is difficult to access, and excludes work at elevated temperatures;
- It is inadmissible the slightest release of zinc vapor, possible with hot welding;
- The connection is made over surfaces of simple shape, without bends and distortions of brass pipes.
In such cases, the use of special compounds for cold welding of copper alloys is effective. They include epoxy compositions whose physicomechanical properties take full account of all consumer parameters of brass alloys.
Electrovek-steel company offers to purchase at affordable prices epoxy self-hardening compositions intended for cold welding of brass. Delivery of products is performed by the supplier strictly in the required volume, and at the address indicated by the consumer.
Sequence of cold welding of brass alloys
Before use, surfaces that are to be permanently bonded are thoroughly cleaned from traces of dust, dirt, grease and other fats. Degreasing is best done using dilute aqueous solutions of acids, observing the usual safety rules for these cases.
The cold welding itself is then prepared for use. The material follows:
- To soften to a plastic state, for which the required volume of material is rolled between slightly palms moistened with water;
- Apply to the end sections of brass products tightly compressed, avoiding cracks;
- Press firmly and leave under pressure for the time required for complete polymerization of the cold welding composition (for brass this time is 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the temperature of the outside air).
A sign of polymerization is the change in the initial color of the composition. After that, the connected parts can be used for their intended purpose.
Cold welding of brass is ineffective if chemically aggressive media are pumped through the pipeline, or the water temperature in the brass pipe exceeds 60 ° C.
Buy at an affordable price for cold welding of brass offers the company Elektrovek-steel. The supplier provides prompt delivery of products to the point set by the customer.