Copper contact welding
Are you interested in contact welding of copper? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy welded copper at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
Butt welding of copper products is difficult due to the good thermal conductivity of copper. Because of this, at usual process parameters, the products do not have time to quickly warm up to the temperatures of local melting of copper. Because of this, spot or roller welding of copper products is practically not used.
Contact welding technology
- The end and side sections of the welded joint should be further heated;
- After welding, the weld zone should be immediately exposed to force at a pressure of not less than 350… 400 MPa (with increasing thickness of copper parts, the required pressure increases);
- The draft of the joint must be made with a deformation of at least 40… 45%.
Most often, butt-weld welding connects copper pipes. The choice of process parameters is determined by the following factors:
- The maximum length of the welded seam, mm — 20… 25;
- The range of pressing speed and draft (ascending), mm / min — 4… 20;
- Current strength, A — 35000… 60000;
- Voltage on the arc, V — 6… 10.
Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy welded copper of domestic and foreign production at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
Equipment for contact welding
Buttwelding of copper products, depending on their configuration, is carried out either on electric-forming machines (used for butt welding of bars or narrow strips) or with the use of electric discharge units, where the required current and voltage regimes are provided by a short-term discharge of the capacitor bank.
The technical parameters of the units must be within the following limits. For electric blowing machines: the length of the zone of contact welding is not more than 100 mm, the compression / draft force is up to 2500 kN. For electric discharge units, the capacity of the capacitor bank is 250… 550 mF, the discharge voltage is 900… 1500 V.
Buy. Supplier, price
Are you interested in contact welding of copper? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy welded copper at the manufacturer’s price. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal. We invite you to partner cooperation.