Copper brass welding
Are you interested in welding copper and brass from a service provider — Electrovek-Steel? At us you can find only the checked up information on the given question
Buy welded semi-finished products or blanks from copper and brass, welded in compliance with the required quality indicators, offers the company Elektrovek-steel. Available prices are from the manufacturer. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of products to the point specified by the consumer.
Features of gas welding of copper and brass
The qualitative connection of these two materials is possible if several required conditions are met:
- Since the thermal conductivity of copper is higher than that for any brand of brass, in order to increase the rate of heating of metals in the weld zone, the consumption of combustible gas, acetylene or, more rarely, propane-butane mixture, is increased. As a result, the risk of separation of zinc fumes, which are hazardous for life, is reduced when the brass is heated;
- The flame of the burner should not contain atomic hydrogen, otherwise on heating copper and zinc hydrides are formed. Both compounds are harmful: copper hydride increases the brittleness of metal in the weld zone, and zinc hydride is as toxic as the vapors of this chemical element. Therefore, a strong deoxidant is forced into the flame, which binds hydrogen, and turns it into water vapor.
The fulfillment of these conditions is ensured by the control of the flame of the burner.
Electrovek-steel company offers to purchase at affordable prices from the producers copper-brass semi-finished products or welded structures welded with observance of all norms of technical regulations. The supplier guarantees the timely delivery of products to the address indicated by the consumer.
Features of electric welding of copper and brass
Qualitative welding of these materials is possible only under a layer of flux. The units must operate at a constant current, and with reverse polarity. Decrease in the percentage of zinc in the composition of brass as a result of its possible burning out is eliminated by the use of a short arc, with an operating voltage not exceeding 18… 20 V. And in this case, a sheet of metal with increased heat capacity is laid for the welded parts (except for stainless steel, asbestos can also be used) .
As the electrodes, a wire with protective coatings is used. The most common compositions of protective coatings are:
- Powder of manganese-siliceous bronze;
- Powdered aluminum on a graphitized basis;
- Refractory mineral ceramics, in particular, fluorspar.
Buy at economically reasonable prices from the manufacturer of welded structures or semi-finished products of copper and brass offers the company Electrovek-steel. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of products to the point specified by the consumer.