Semi-automatic welding of brass
Are you interested in the technological process of welding brass semi-automatic from the supplier — the company Electrovek-steel? Here you can get acquainted with the most accurate information on this issue
The company Electrovek-Steel offers at a bargain price the technology, equipment and consumables for welding operations with brass, using semi-automatic. The supplier provides prompt delivery of products to the address set by the customer.
Features of welding brass alloys semi-automatic
The presence of zinc forces users to strengthen security measures when welding brass alloys. Zinc, as a more fusible component, begins to evaporate during the heating of the weld zone, and its vapors pose a health hazard.
The main rules for welding brass with semi-automatic welding devices are:
- The presence of effective extraction devices capable of removing finely dispersed zinc dust;
- Availability of a respirator on the welder;
- Thorough cleaning of blended blanks from surface contaminants, grease marks, etc .;
- Grinding of the prepared surface to a characteristic «brass» shine. When using acid solutions for these purposes, the surfaces are washed in a solution of neutral detergents and thoroughly dried;
- Conventional semi-automatic welding of thin (less than 4 mm thick) products is inefficient, as the workpieces are rapidly warmed up. To bind the liberated oxygen, it is necessary to use ceramic fluxes, electrodes with bronze coatings (silicon bronze is used), or a filler wire made of brass containing silicon.
Buy accessories and supplies that are necessary for high-quality welding of brass products on semi-automatic equipment, offers at prices from the manufacturer company Electrovek-steel. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of products to the point specified by the consumer.
Sequence of welding
To ensure the best quality of metal in the weld zone, the following rules must be adhered to:
- To achieve the possible more uniform melting of brass, for which the electrode is placed directly near the burner;
- Carry out welding with the length of the seam no more than 20… 25 mm, then perform the forging of the obtained seam, thus getting rid of the possible coarse-grainedness of the metal. Otherwise, strength and ductility will not be ensured;
- Parameters of the arc in the periods between individual welding cycles must be gradually reduced in order to avoid overheating of the alloy and subsequent evaporation;
- The welding seam should be filled to its full height with the main passage of the burner; To weld metal is impossible because of danger of allocation of steams of zinc;
- Use excess oxygen supply in the weld zone;
- As additives, use brass wire with aluminum, silicon and boron.
The company Electrovek-Steel offers to purchase supplies at affordable prices from manufacturers, accessories. And also ready-made brass semi-finished products welded in semi-automatic mode. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of products to the customer’s address.