Molybdenum wire for EDM machines
Buy molybdenum wire at affordable prices, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Supplier ensure timely delivery of products to any place specified by the consumer.
The particular properties of molybdenum
The ability of molybdenum to withstand high temperatures without expanding or softening makes it useful at high pressure and at high temperatures.
Sometimes, instead of tungsten molybdenum wire is used because of its lower density, about half of the tungsten. However, the ratio of weight to strength for molybdenum wire is high.
Electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity for molybdenum wire account for about one-third of the conductivity of copper.
Molybdenum is chemically not very reactive. It is resistant to air and water at ordinary temperatures. At 400−500 °C, the metal is oxidized and at temperatures above about 700 ° C, the onset is particularly active.
Molybdenum wire is available in different finishes. For example, elongation can be increased to more than 15%. Molybdenum wire as compared with the tungsten more ductile. Molybdenum wire is produced in the size range of 0.010 to 0.5 mm (0,00039…0,0196 inch).
Examples of applications; antennas, electronic tubes, EDM, elements of lightning protection and safety nets.
The company Electrocentury-steel proposes to implement a molybdenum wire from trusted manufacturers. Products undergo rigorous certification. The supplier ensures prompt delivery of products to the address specified by the customer.
The positive qualities of the molybdenum wire in the process of electro-erosion
Increasing demands on faster speed of electro cutting have led to the emergence of new materials for the wire, which can support high-performance power supplies available today.
The main parameters that determine the resistance of a wire EDM are:
- Tensile strength: this is the bearing capacity of the material based on its ability to resist stretching and destruction;
- The ability to operate at high feed speeds;
- Resistance EDM destruction, ie, the ability of the wire to resist the effects of aggressive environment of the spark gap;
- Conductivity: is a measure of the ability of a material to carry an electric current. The higher the conductivity, the more power can be delivered to the workpiece. In most cases, this means an increase in cutting speed. Copper wire provides high conductivity, but has limitations due to the relatively low tensile strength.
- The vaporization point. When working with EDM erosion wire low temperature melting / evaporation of the wire would be the best for flushing.
All of these indicators of a wire made of molybdenum by far better than copper or brass. Despite the high tensile strength and high resistance to breakage, molybdenum wire has a very high melting point — 2625 degrees Celsius. The high boiling point of molybdenum is 5560 degrees Celsius — also contributes to increased erosion resistance as the electro-erosion craters formed on a molybdenum wire, is quite small. Molybdenum wire is usually used when near-critical internal corner radii that require a thin wire, have a diameter of about 100 microns or even less.
Buy molybdenum wire for subsequent use in EDM machines, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. All products undergo rigorous certification. The supplier ensures prompt delivery of hire to any point specified by the client.