Welding bronze with brass
Buy welded brass and bronze construction and semi-finished products at affordable prices from the manufacturer, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Supplier guaranteed prompt delivery of products to the address specified by the consumer.
Features of welding of bronze and brass
Quality welds of multicomponent alloys, which are bronze, and brass, is provided by the following processing methods:
- For manual welding of these alloys using charcoal/graphitized electrode, the working end of which is slightly immersed in the melt. Use short arc, when the operating voltage on the electrodes should not exceed 15…20 V;
- Use unilateral cutting of the ends to be welded, so that the formation of the bath of liquid metal was faster;
- To reduce the time of welding pre-heating of the alloy, and under the surface enclose a sheet of metal in a high heat capacity, for example, stainless steel;
- Use additives and specialized welding fluxes.
Good indicators of the strength of the weld between the brass and bronze billets provides the use of specialized electrodes with a surface coating. As a material for such a coating is applied siliceous bronze. If both of the welded alloy is multicomponent, then the welding process are just under a layer of flux, which eliminates the danger of overheating of the alloy close to the weld zone.
The company Electrocentury-steel offers cost-competitive prices from manufacturer welded blanks and semi-finished products from brass and bronze alloys of different grades and profiles. The supplier ensures prompt delivery of goods to the point specified by the client.
Basic mechanical properties of the weld zone under various technological modes of welding of brass and bronze the following:
- When welding carbon electrodes — tensile strength, MPa — 360…400;
- When semiautomatic submerged arc welding — tensile strength. MPa — 400…440;
- Same, but with application of filler wire and pre-heating the joined workpieces — 500 MPa.
To check the quality of the connection in critical cases, the initial produce a trial welding, after which the zone of connection of the experience of the inflection. The critical angle of bending without compromising the integrity of the structure and in the absence of external cracks should be at least 1700.
Buy welded semi-finished products or billets of bronze and brass of various grades and sections at affordable prices from the manufacturer, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Supplier ensures prompt delivery of products to a point noted by the customer.