Welding of bronze with brass
Are you interested in welding bronze with brass? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy welded brass at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
Features of welding bronze and brass
The quality of welding of multicomponent alloys, such as bronze and brass, is provided by the following technological methods:
- At manual welding of such alloys a carbon / graphitized electrode is used, the working end of which is slightly immersed in a bath with a melt. Work with a short arc, when the working voltage at the electrodes should not exceed 15… 20 V;
- One-side cutting of the ends of the welded products is applied, so that the formation of a bath with liquid metal occurs more quickly;
- To reduce the welding time, the alloys are preheated, and a metal sheet is placed under the bonded surfaces in increased heat capacity, for example, stainless steel;
- Use additives and specialized welding fluxes.
Good indices of equal strength of the welded joint between brass and bronze billets ensure the use of special electrodes with surface coating. Silica bronze is used as a material for such a coating. If both welded alloys are multicomponent, the welding process is conducted only under a layer of flux, which eliminates the danger of overheating of the alloy near the weld zone. Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy brass rolled products of domestic and foreign production at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
Mechanical properties of the weld
- When welding with carbon electrodes — the ultimate strength, MPa — 360… 400;
- With semi-automatic welding under a layer of flux — the ultimate strength. MPa — 400… 440;
- The same, but with the use of a filler wire, and with preliminary heating of the blanks to be joined — 500 MPa.
In order to check the quality of the connection, in the most critical cases, a trial welding is first performed, after which the joint zone is subjected to bending. The limiting angle of the bend without disrupting the integrity of the structure and in the absence of external cracks should be at least 170 0 .
Buy. Supplier, price
Are you interested in welding bronze with brass? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy welded brass at the manufacturer’s price. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal. We invite you to partner cooperation.