Welding cast iron with brass
The company Electrovek-Steel offers consumables and accessories, which are necessary for high-quality welding of cast iron with brass. Available prices are from the manufacturer. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of products to the address specified by the consumer.
Technology of welding of cast iron using brass
Welding / soldering of cast iron products can be done using brass wire and filler materials. The advantage of the process is that during gas welding, relatively low temperatures of heating of cast iron products are realized, as a result of which the cavity retains the initial cast iron structure. The sequence of works is as follows:
- Preparatory operations. The surface of the cast iron part is thoroughly cleaned of dirt and fat deposits. Since the soldering is most often performed to restore the continuity of the part and eliminate the cracks formed, they are pre-treated with a weak solution of orthophosphoric or sulfuric acid, after which it is washed with water and thoroughly dried;
- Edge preparation. The cutting of the edges consists in obtaining one-sided bevels at angles of 20… 45 0 (with an increase in the thickness of the cast iron product, the angle is increased). If impossible, perform a ledge or deepen the destroyed area. With a workpiece thickness of up to 15 mm, the width of the cutting zone is 10… 30 mm;
- Burner position when welding / soldering. The torch nozzle is exposed at an angle of 60… 70 0 to the surface of the workpiece or workpiece, and the filler wire is placed at the same angle, but on the opposite side.
To buy consumables and accessories for welding or soldering of cast iron with brass at the prices of the manufacturer, the company Electrovek-Steel offers. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of products to the point specified by the customer.
Selection of modes for welding brass with brass is performed depending on the following factors:
- From the brand of cast iron and brass. The most universal are the fluxes, which are prepared on the basis of borax, sodium chloride and hydrochloric acid;
- From the temperature of heating. Cast iron, having a complex structure (malleable or modified), it is desirable to weld at temperatures not higher than 800… 850 0, since otherwise the separation of hazardous zinc vapors from brass begins;
- From the duration of a single welding cycle. When superimposed relatively short (up to 4… 6 mm) welds, metals do not overheat, so the mechanical properties of the joint remain at the following level: tensile strength, MPa — 350… 400, elongation,% — 10… 12.
After welding and slow cooling, there are no residual stresses in the joint zone.
Electrovek-steel company offers consumable materials for welding cast iron and brass at affordable prices from the manufacturer. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of products to the point, set by the customer.