Welding stainless steel and aluminum
Are you interested in how to weld aluminum with stainless steel? Service provider — Electrovek-Steel company offers you the most verified information on this topic
Buy the supplies and accessories for high-quality non-removable connection of aluminum and stainless steel is offered by Electrovek-Steel. There are good prices from the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of products to any point specified by the consumer.
Features of welding aluminum with stainless steel
For welding operations with the metals in question, welding with inert gas, argon, with non-consumable tungsten electrodes is most often used. The apparatus for carrying out argon welding includes a torch with a tungsten electrode. Through this device, a jet of gas is supplied to the welding zone with an increased flow rate, which protects the welding zone from the harmful effects of gases. In particular, oxygen and nitrogen in the air contribute to the intensive oxidation of metals in the molten state. Nitrogen at the same time promotes the formation of nitrides — compounds that increase the unevenness of the structure in the weld zone.
Advantages of the described technology are:
- Providing protection for the weld pool, as a result of which the interaction of metals with air is excluded;
- Absence of influence of the thickness of parts on the quality of welding;
- Reduces the spraying of metal in the weld pool, resulting in a ready-made joint with uniform strength;
- No need to equip a welding post specially protected from splashes of molten metals.
Since argon is heavier than air, its constant presence in the zone of flow of welding processes ensures good digestion of the root of the weld.
Buy supplies and accessories for welding aluminum with stainless steel sheet offers the company Electrovek-steel. Products are sold at affordable prices from the manufacturer. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of materials to any point specified by the client.
Sequence of welding
For qualitative welding of aluminum with stainless steel, it is necessary to perform a number of preparatory works:
- Pick up solder, which must match the brands of materials to be joined;
- Provide a welder with calibrated steel rods from the same stainless steel grade and a diameter of 2… 3 mm;
- Prepare the edges of welded blanks or parts: clean them from traces of dirt, scales, grease, etc.
The actual welding of stainless steel with aluminum in the presence of argon is carried out using a constant welding current of reverse polarity. The arc power is set depending on the thickness of the products to be joined. Before the commencement of work between the parts, a technological gap must be provided, which must be at least 1.5… 2 mm. The best quality of welding is obtained at the bevel of adjacent edges: under such conditions the melt bath is easier to form, and weld seam can be produced from both sides of the joint. The solder is fed into the molten bath.
Electrovek-Steel Company offers consumable materials and accessories for welding stainless steel and aluminum at a favorable price of the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees delivery of products to the point specified by the consumer.