Tig welding aluminum
Are you interested in TIG-welding of aluminum by direct current? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy welded aluminum at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
Features of welding technology
As is known, under normal conditions all aluminum products are covered with a surface film of strong and refractory alumina. Since its melting point is much higher than that of the base metal (2000 ° C vs. 660 ° C), in normal welding it would be necessary to increase the arc current several times in order to ensure its penetration. In addition to the increased energy consumption, this also leads to an increase in the thermal load on the material of a conventional electrode wire, as a result of which its flow increases manifold.
The solution to the problem consists in the simultaneous application of two factors:
- The use of an electrode made of refractory metal (in particular, tungsten);
- The use of inert gas — argon — which would effectively protect the arc burning zone from accessing there oxygen of air, which will actively oxidize the metal in the zone of formation of the welded seam.
The TIG method implements both these possibilities, and is therefore used in both variants — with alternating or direct current. Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy aluminum of domestic and foreign production at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
In the case of alternating current, the polarity of which varies at a rate of 60 Hz, during the welding cycle, aluminum melts in the weld pool and prevents the formation of oxides. As a result, the quality of the welded joint is improved: there are no shells or fissures. Argon for welding aluminum is also used to blow the surface of the welded seam to remove the formed slag
Implementation of technology
TIG technology using alternating current is produced using tungsten electrodes, but this is not enough for a direct current. The following factors are also necessary:
- The intermittent (impulse) method of feeding the filler wire, which takes into account the intensity of formation of the bath with the melt;
- The use of aluminum alloy wire, however containing surface coatings made of high melting alkali metal salts;
- The regulation of the power-law characteristics of the arc discharge — the current and voltage on the arc, which, in turn, determines the length of the arc.
For the welding of aluminum alloys, the use of direct current is optimal provided that the positive electrode is a tungsten electrode. In this case, you should use welding machines that support the function of automatic stabilization of the arc. To reduce wear of non-consumable electrode, it is recommended to use inverter welding equipment.
Buy. Supplier, price
Are you interested in TIG-welding of aluminum by direct current? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy welded aluminum at the manufacturer’s price. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal. We invite you to partner cooperation.