Tig welding brass
To buy consumables and accessories necessary for high-quality welding of brass products by the TIG method, the company Electrovek-Steel offers. There are economically attractive prices from the manufacturer. The supplier ensures timely delivery of products to the point specified by the customer.
Application of the method
Conventional welding of brass does not give the desired results: the melting of the main structural components — zinc and copper is uneven, and evolved zinc evaporation is very harmful to health. To whom the presence in the melt of metal hydrides increases the porosity of the finished seam. The solution is to implement the technology of argon-arc welding with non-consumable electrode, or TIG-method.
Welding of brass with TIG-method is carried out in the following sequence:
- The initial blanks are thoroughly cleaned from surface contaminants and fatty films, after which they are dried;
- The initial edges of products, the thickness of which is more than 3… 4. Mm, are cut: on the one hand, the technological bevel is made at an angle of 30 0 by half the thickness of the material;
- The hood is exhausted, after which the TIG-electric welding machine is turned on, and the filler wire is fed manually into the welded zone.
As materials for the filler wire, copper, siliceous brass or bronze are used in this method. To improve the quality of the welded joint, electrodes with surface coatings are used.
Electrovek-steel company offers to purchase at affordable prices from the manufacturer the equipment and consumables necessary for high-quality welding of brass products by TIG-method. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of products to the point specified by the customer.
Technological parameters of welding of brass products by TIG-method
Argon-arc welding of brass using a tungsten non-consumable electrode is carried out with the following process characteristics:
- The method of formation of the seam is intermittent, single-layered (for especially critical parts, overlapping in the joints is arranged in 1… 3 mm);
- The filler wire must be heated to 100… 150 0 С before feeding, this facilitates the welding process and minimizes the consumption of the material;
- When preheating also welded products (especially if their thickness exceeds 10 mm), the bonding process proceeds faster, and without the evaporation of zinc;
- To reduce the consumption of the filler wire, fluxes are used, which protect the welding zone from the entry of oxygen into the air.
Buy at an affordable price from the manufacturer, consumables and components for welding brass of different brands TIG-method offers the company Elektrovek-steel. The supplier ensures timely delivery of products to the address set by the customer.