Lathe machining aluminum
Are you interested in turning of aluminium from the vendor — company Electrocentury-steel? Here you will find the most trustworthy information on the subject
Buy tooling to perform a variety of machining operations of aluminium and its alloys, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Are available prices from manufacturers. Supplier ensures prompt delivery of products to the address specified by the customer.
Features of aluminium machining on machine tools
Aluminium and most of its alloys, plastic materials, but certain alloys, for example, AL2, it is better to handle on lathes using tools made from high speed steels.
The peculiarity of the preparation and carrying out turning operations is as follows:
- The initial blank should be subjected to ageing: the structure of aluminium (especially the cast alloys) becomes finely dispersed and more stable against possible changes in the temperature of the workpiece in turning. With the exception of silumin alloys;
- Proper selection of feed determines the quality of the turning, at high feed rates and depths of penetration of the cutter into the material to produce longer chips, which interfere with accurate movement of the tool;
- Lathe tool and accessories shall have surface that provide a dropping or cutting chips into smaller pieces.
The company Electrocentury-steel offers to buy at economically sound prices tooling to perform various turning operations with aluminum and its alloys. The supplier provides timely delivery of products to any destination specified by the user.
The choice of optimum modes of cutting of aluminium
To improve the turning process uses the following processing methods:
- the tool is designed for turning of aluminium alloys, provides special flute profile which corresponds to the best conditions for chip removal;
- Lathe machining aluminum is often accompanied by built-up edge — surfacing of the treated metal at the cutting edge in the area of turning. The result is a dulling of the cutting wedge, which is accompanied by an increase in the load on the tool. To get rid of this defect is possible, increasing the smoothness of the front surface of the cutter, or adjusting the values of the front and rear corners of the cutting wedge of the tool;
- With increasing hardness the deficiency of turning is reduced. Therefore, in particular, turning duraluminum spread much more than the turning of pure aluminum.
When turning aluminium alloys with increased viscosity (e.g., AMG) is necessary to ensure a continuous supply into the cutting zone of cutting fluids. Effective cooling of the tool according to the method of oil mist.
Buy semi-finished products from aluminium and its alloys, subjected to machining, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Are great prices from the manufacturer. The supplier provides timely delivery of products to any place specified by the consumer.