Tin foil, tape
Tin began to mine and smelt the ancient Sumerians and Chinese in pre-biblical times. However, for many centuries, the tin remained a rare and expensive metal, almost as valuable as silver. Tin decoration almost never find in the excavation. The demand for tin began to increase in the ancient times, from the early bronze age. This metal along with copper has become the basis of bronze, invented in the third Millennium BC, the Lion’s share of bronze until the early twentieth century was the production of weapons. In ancient times it was bronze swords and other piercing and slashing weapons, and later bronze cannons and cannonballs. Tin was a «strategic material» for more than two thousand years. The Latin name of this metal stannum is derived from the Sanskrit word «strong, steadfast». A thousand years ago the so-called alloy of lead and silver. Pure tin has been able to identify only alchemists in the IV century.
Tin is the 50th element of the periodic system of Mendeleev, where indicated by the symbol Sn. The atomic weight of 118.7, the weight of 5,846 g/cm3. Has a low temperature plavleniya about 231,9°C; t° boiling point 2620 °C. Excellent conductor of current. at 20 °C has a resistance 0,115 Ohm·mm2/m.
|The atomic number of Sn||No. 50|
|Atomic (molar) mass, g/mol||Of 118.7|
|The degree of oxidation||2, 4|
|The melting temperature t°C||231,9°C°C|
|The boiling point of t°C||2620°C|
|The heat of fusion kJ/kg||Of 7.07|
Tin refers to readily available long-used metals. Different corrosion resistant, low melting point, low-cost production technology, excellent manufacturability. It is very flexible, biologically inert metal with excellent anti-friction properties. It is easily punched, drilled, bent, cut, rolled into the thin foil. After recycling goes to recycling and use. Numerous advantages make it very popular today. Price of 1 kg of Sn depends on the degree of purification. Technical tin worth 18−19 dollars for 1 kg, cleaned oxide SnO2 — $ 25, single-crystal high-purity tin 210 dollars for 1 kg.
Low strength does not allow of tin reference part.
- Corrosion-resistant, safe for health, coating tinplate — tin-plated hardware — excellent durable packaging, which produces food containers, light and durable containers for water.
- It is indispensable in the composition of the solders, antifriction alloys, to facilitate the work of mobile nodes.
- Tin enters into the composition of many alloys. The most famous of them is bronze. Less well-known alloy — computer many years, used for the production of pottery. Alloy with niobium has superconducting properties are indispensable in modern electrical engineering. Additives of tin, make titanium alloys more technologically advanced. The alloy Sn+Zr is temperature-resistant and oxidation resistance when heated, it t° melting point 2000°C
- Manganese-tin, mercury-tin, lead-tin batteries are much more energy-intensive than pure lead at low internal resistance.
- The dioxide SnO2 is used for polishing optical lenses.
- A mixture of tin salts has long dyed wool in yellow.
Supply any alloys of non-ferrous metals at the best price. The specification included data on the percentage composition and performance products. We can easily buy in bulk any semi-finished products for large-scale production. We also work with retail buyers. A high level of service, the product compliance with GOST and international quality standards, efficient service are the face of our company.
Buy at best price
The company «Electrocentury-steel» provides its customers with an unlimited selection of products from tin alloy of the highest quality at a competitive price. If you are not sure, it offers experienced managers who are always on call and ready to provide advice. Making an order from us, You will get certified products that comply with Russian and international quality standards in the shortest possible time. If You value your time, get in touch today with our branch offices in Russia or Ukraine, or make an order on the Internet.