Martensitic stainless steel
The composition and properties of stainless steels of the martensitic class
The basic martensitic stainless steels are characterized by high indicators of its durability, which are acquired in the process of heat treatment — hardening.
Characteristically, immediately after rolling data of steel are ferritic materials, they are quite plastic, and therefore does not require a lot of energy for their mechanical or deforming processing.
Approximate composition of stainless martensitic steels to the following:
|The percentage range of the content of the material||Not more than 0.15||0,5…1,5||0,6…1,0||11…15||0.03||To 0.04|
Typical representatives of this class of steels are considered: in the United States and North America steel AISI 410, in Russia and the CIS — 10X13 steel (or ЭЖ1) in Europe — steel X10 Cr13. Composition and properties of the above materials are not fundamentally different from each other.
In the annealed condition the martensitic stainless steels have the following complex of their physical-mechanical properties:
- Limit strength — 480…520 MPa;
- The plastic limit is 280…300 MPa;
- Relative tensile elongation — 28…32%;
- Hardness Brinell hardness no more than 80…85 HB.
All the steels in this class are medium-weldability, which improves when welding under flux.
Stainless steels of the martensitic class is significantly hardened during the heat treatment, the standard regime which is heating to a temperature of 980…10000 C, followed by slow cooling in air or quenching in heated environments. For stress relief mandatory vacation (range practically used temperature is 500…5500 C). Holiday at lower temperatures is accompanied by grain growth, which reduces the ability of martensitic stainless steels to plastic deformation, especially in cold condition.
Consider the steel used:
- In the manufacture of cutting and hand tools used in hot working of steel billets, mild steel and non-ferrous alloys;
- In the manufacture of turbine blades and other parts of the power equipment that is operated in corrosive environments and at elevated operating temperatures;
- For highly persistent fasteners and fittings valves gas and oil pipelines;
- In machinery and equipment for food, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
To by sheet and bulk metal products from stainless steels of martensite class with the best proposals of the company Electrocentury-steel — to obtain significant economic benefits, since products are offered at factory price. Steels are supplied with guaranteed quality and a wide range of profiles and sizes.