Annealing, quenching and heat treatment carbon tool steel.
You are interested in heat treatment of carbon tool steel from a supplier — the company Electrocentury-steel? Here you will find only reliable information on this issue
Buy in the range of grades and profiles of carbon tool steel of domestic manufacture, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Products are sold at affordable prices from the manufacturer. The supplier ensures prompt delivery of metal products to the address specified by the customer.
Modes of preliminary heat treatment.
A feature of all grades of non-alloy tool steels is their blind hardenability in cross section of the tool. This causes them to use at a low operating loads, and for the manufacture of relatively small cross section of products — tools, dies, punches, etc.
Before hardening steels are annealing, an operation which improves the mechanical properties of the material by section and aligns the chemical composition. Improve further the machinability and reduces the residual deformation.
For carbon tool steels are used the following types of annealing:
- Recrystallization, which is removed after hardening. Run mode — the temperature of 670 to 7000 C, exposure with the oven up to one hour;
- Full, the purpose of which is to reduce the hardness correction of identified defects. Mode: heating in a furnace to 800…8600 C to full warm-up of the workpiece cross section. Followed by slow cooling to 500…6000 C, after which the cooling rate of the products can be anything;
- Soft annealing is carried out on the same technology as the full, but the heating temperature must be at 70…1000 C below. Soft annealing is carried out after forging of ingots;
- Isothermal, the purpose of which is to provide favorable microstructure of carbon steel before quenching. Mode — heating up to 750…8000 C and aging at a temperature of 600…6500 C to obtain the hardness level of 170…207 HB.
Buy carbon tool steel of domestic production at economically competitive prices manufacturer, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Supplier guaranteed prompt delivery of products to any place specified by the customer.
Types of quenching carbon tool steel is selected based on the following factors:
- Ensure the required hardenability in the cross section — high surface hardness at optimum viscous core;
- Obtaining the structure of martensite or residual austenite, or mixture ferrioxamines (sorbitol and troostite hardening);
- Purpose details;
- The reduction of stresses and strains in the workpiece after tempering, which improves the dimensional accuracy of heat-treated products.
The critical diameter of the tool mm manufactured from carbon tool steels, when quenched in different media are given in the table.
|Steel grade||Tempering environment|
|U7, U7A||15…20||4…6||4…6||Not tempered|
|U8, U8A||15…20||4…6||4…6||Not tempered|
|U10, U10A||15…20||4…6||4…6||Not tempered|
|11, У11А||15…20||4…6||4…6||Not tempered|
|U12, U12A||10…12||4…6||4…6||Not tempered|
|Y13, У13А||10…12||4…6||4…6||Not tempered|
The company Electrocentury-steel proposes to implement a carbon tool steel in a wide range of brands and profiles. Are economically profitable producer prices. Supplier guaranteed timely delivery to any destination specified by the customer.