Are you interested in turning copper? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy processed copper at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
More often than others, turning of copper is used as boring, finishing turning, threading, grinding. Rough turning machining on lathes is not recommended. This is due to a large waste of metal in the chips and an increase in the cost of processing. It is more rational to use low-waste punching technologies for preforming copper products.
Features of turning
Being a highly plastic metal, copper requires special machining regimes, which is due to the sticking of chip particles on the turning incisors. In particular, when cylindrical articles are produced by turning, the following must be taken into account:
- The feed speed should not exceed 5… 10 mm / rev;
- It is not recommended to reduce the spindle speed to 400… 500 per minute, as the load on the cutter increases, and the risk of metal sticking increases;
- Despite the softness of the metal, the sharpening intensity of the tools should be the same as for the turning of steels;
- During turning it is recommended to use emulsions based on non-viscous industrial oils.
Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy processed copper of domestic and foreign production at an affordable price in a wide range. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal.
Tool for turning copper blanks
Due to the increased viscosity of the material, copper products, machined by cutting, often have chips and metal breaks on the surface, which not only worsens the quality of the surface, but also requires a fine, fine turning. Therefore, selecting the metal cutting tool, take into account the following:
- Only freshly cut tools are used;
- The turning is carried out at high speed and at comparatively small feeds;
- Carbide-tipped cutters made of TK-type alloys have an advantage over a tool made of high-speed steels, since the accumulation of copper chips is thereby reduced;
- Before turning, the copper billet should be covered with a thin layer of medium viscosity oil.
Buy. Supplier, price
Are you interested in turning copper? Supplier Evek GmbH offers to buy processed copper at the manufacturer’s price. We will ensure the delivery of products to any point of the continent. The price is optimal. We invite you to partner cooperation.