Buy copper billets and semi-finished products after preliminary turning in a wide range of sizes offers the company Electrovek-steel. Products are sold at affordable prices from the manufacturer. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of copper products to the point specified by the customer.
Features of turning of copper
Being a highly plastic metal, copper requires special cutting regimes, which is due to the adherence of metal particles to the turning tools. In particular, when cylindrical articles are produced by turning, the following must be taken into account:
- The feed speed should not exceed 5… 10 mm / rev;
- It is not recommended to reduce the spindle speed to 400… 500 per minute, as the load on the cutter increases, and the risk of metal sticking increases;
- Despite the softness of the metal, the sharpening intensity of the tools should be the same as in the turning of steels;
- When turning it is recommended to use emulsions based on low viscosity industrial oils.
More often than others, when turning copper, such transitions as boring, finishing turning, threading, grinding are used. Rough turning machining on lathes is not recommended. This is due to the large waste of metal in the chips and the increase in the cost of processing. It is more rational to use low-waste punching technologies for pre-shaping copper products.
Buy preforms from copper after the preliminary turning processing company offers Electrovek-steel. Products are sold at the manufacturer’s price. The supplier provides delivery of semi-finished products to any point specified by the customer.
Tool for turning copper blanks
Due to the increased viscosity of the material, copper products, machined by cutting, often have chips and metal breaks on the surface, which not only worsens the quality of the surface, but also requires a fine, fine turning. Therefore, when preparing a metal cutting tool, take into account the following:
- Only freshly cut tools are used;
- The turning is carried out at the most possible number of revolutions, and at comparatively small feeds;
- Carbide cutters made of TK-type alloys have an advantage over a tool made of high-speed steels, since the accumulation of copper chips is thereby reduced;
- Before turning, the copper billet should be covered with a thin layer of medium viscosity oil.
The company Electrovek-steel sells at affordable prices from the manufacturer of copper semi-finished products after turning, as well as various metal-cutting tools. The supplier provides prompt delivery of products to the point specified by the customer.