Annealing, quenching and heat treatment of aluminium
Buy billets of aluminum and its alloys, which have undergone the necessary heat treatment, offers the company Elektrovek-steel. Available prices are from manufacturers. The supplier ensures timely delivery of products to the point indicated by the client.
Types and purpose of heat treatment of aluminum and its alloys
In practice, the thermal treatment of these materials is carried out in order to modify their structure, when either the doping of the solid solution occurs, or secondary phases that improve the consumer characteristics are isolated. This happens if the aluminum or its alloy is quenched or aged.
Aging is carried out with respect to alloys, whose chemical composition contains silicon, copper, magnesium, manganese and zinc. These elements have the ability to form, when heated, finely dispersed compounds that are placed inside the grains of the alloy structure. Since all these alloying elements are readily soluble in the basic aluminum matrix, such processes can proceed naturally, however, to speed up the process, the preforms are heated to temperatures of 180… 200 0 С.
Hardening of aluminum alloys can be done in several ways. The main ones are:
- Thermomechanical treatment, when the deformation of the alloy (sediment, piercing, etc.) occurs in the zone of quenching temperatures, which, depending on the grade of the alloy, is in the range of 450… 500 0 С. This kind of hardening is the most productive, but it is applicable only for soft and Semi-hardened alloys;
- Hardening in a furnace with a protective atmosphere. It is produced as an independent operation mainly for hard aluminum alloys.
Buy semi-finished products and billets from aluminum and its alloys, which have passed the appropriate heat treatment, offers the company Elektrovek-steel. Delivery is made at economically favorable prices of the manufacturer. The supplier provides prompt delivery of products to the address specified by the customer.
Modes of heat treatment of aluminum and its alloys
To obtain optimal mechanical properties, the materials under consideration are heat treated according to the following parameters:
- For alloys type AD31, AD33 — quenching with 520… 530 0 C:
- For AMG-type alloys — quenching under a press at temperatures not less than 400 0 С;
- For duralumin — quenching from 530… 550 0 С followed by slow cooling in the temperature range 400… 280 0 С for several hours;
- For alloys of the AK type — quenching from 490 0 С, and subsequent slow cooling with the furnace; Aging of such alloys is also performed at low temperatures (170… 190 0 С).
The company Electrovek-steel sells at an affordable price from the manufacturer thermally processed billets and semi-finished products from various grades of aluminum and its alloys. The supplier guarantees the timely delivery of products to any point marked by the consumer.