Cutting and drilling aluminum
Are you interested in the processes of cutting and drilling parts from aluminum and its alloys from a supplier — the company Electrovek-Steel? Here you can find the most verified information on this issue
Buy equipment for high-quality performance of cutting and drilling aluminum at competitive prices from manufacturers offers the company Electrovek-steel. The supplier ensures the delivery of the products to any point specified by the customer.
Virtually all aluminum alloys, except for alloys of the AL and AK type, are well suited to all types of shearing by shearing on forging and pressing equipment.
Depending on the assortment of metal for cutting, the following can be accepted:
- Crank shears with inclined knife — for cutting aluminum sheets or wide strips;
- Disk shears — for the dissolution of aluminum rolls onto tapes;
- Combined scissors — for the separation of narrow strips and sheets, as well as profile rolled metal — angles, channels, bars of different cross sections;
- Grades shears — for cutting an aluminum circle, hexagon or square (special knives of closed or semi-closed type are required);
- Alligator scissors — used for primary cutting of aluminum scrap.
Technological clearances for cutting aluminum are chosen taking into account the plastic properties of the material — the lower the yield stress, the lower should be the gaps between the movable and stationary scissor knives.
Cutting of aluminum pipes can also be done by shear, using special dies on mechanical presses. However, due to the complexity of the constructions of such equipment, the technology of cutting pipes on friction saws, mechanical saws, band saws or on milling cutters is more common. In this case, it is necessary to take into account that all mechanical cutting technologies are characterized by an increased consumption of metal in the technological chips.
The company Electrovek-Steel offers purchase of technological equipment for cutting and drilling aluminum. There are good prices from the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of products to any point specified by the customer.
Drilling of aluminum
The modes of this operation are determined by the following metal features:
- High plasticity, which is manifested in the appearance of a large drain chip. This makes it necessary to periodically turn off the machine, and clean the cavity of the hole from the chips;
- Increased friction between the drill material and the aluminum alloy, which is why the drills of high-speed steels type P9 are used;
- The presence of burrs on the opposite side of the aluminum billet, which worsens the quality of the hole.
To eliminate the burrs, the drills are sharpened in such a way that the cutting of aluminum is carried out by the edge / periphery of the drill. The machinability of the initial aluminum billets is improved if they are subjected to artificial or natural aging before drilling.
If necessary, to obtain holes in metal up to 4… 6 mm thick, punching punches on press equipment has a clear advantage over drilling on machines.
The company Electrovek-steel offers to buy at a cost-effective price of the manufacturer a tooling for cutting and drilling aluminum and its alloys. The supplier provides prompt delivery of products to the address specified by the customer.