The density, specific heat, melting point of brass
Buy a variety of alloys of brass at a reasonable price from the manufacturers offers the company Elektrovek-steel. The supplier guarantees compliance with the range of supplies of alloys, provides prompt delivery of products to the point specified by the customer.
General physical and thermophysical properties of brass
They differ slightly, depending on the percentage of zinc in the alloy, but on average they are:
- The density is 8.2… 8.7 g / cm 3 (lower values apply to alloys with a lower content of zinc);
- The temperature coefficient of linear expansion (at room temperatures) is (17.0… 21.2) x 10 -6 0 С -1 ;
- Thermal conductivity at room temperatures is 106 W / mK (for brass grades L62 and L68);
- The specific heat capacity is 0.39… 0.41 kJ / kgK;
- The melting point is 880… 950 0 С.
Specific electrical resistance of most brands of brass is 0,070… 0,072 μOmm.
Buy at economical prices from the manufacturer of blanks and rolled products from various brands of brass offers the company Electrovek-steel. The supplier is guaranteed to fulfill the assortment of deliveries and the operative transportation of the products to the address specified by the consumer.
Mechanical and technological characteristics of brass
For the most common grades of this alloy, the values are shown in the table:
|Alloy Brand||Method of obtaining an alloy||Ultimate tensile strength, MPa||Relative extension, %||Brinell hardness, HB|
|LMCS 58−2-2||Casting into the ground||250||10||80|
|Casting in chill mold||350||8||70|
|LAZHMTS 66−6-3−2||Casting into the ground||600||7th||-|
|Casting in chill mold||650||7th||-|
|Deformable brass with a zinc content of not more than 38%||Soft brass (sheets, stripes)||300||38||-|
|Semi-solid brass (sheets, stripes)||350… 530||20… 10||-|
|Solid brass (sheets, stripes)||500… 630||4||-|
|Osobo hard (strips, forgings)||600||4||-|
The technological properties of brass during casting are:
- Filling temperature, 0 С — 1060… 1100;
- Linear shrinkage of the alloy,% — 1.8… 2.0.
Company Electrovek-steel offers to purchase at reasonable prices from the manufacturer rolling, castings and forgings from various brands of brass. The supplier guarantees timely delivery of products to the point specified by the customer.