Cold welding for aluminum
Buy formulations for cold welding of aluminium and its alloys at affordable prices from manufacturers, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Supplier ensure timely delivery of materials to any destination set by the customer.
Cold welding with the use of plastic compounding mixtures
Special adhesives are mainly used for temporary connection of aluminum products, mainly pipes. They can withstand heavy operating loads, and are used when there is no possibility to perform cold welding in a production environment.
Two-component adhesives designed for cold welding of aluminium and its alloys, include epoxy and steel powder that is added in there as filler.
The process is as follows:
- The epoxy component are kneaded to a paste (this should occur at positive ambient temperature);
- When the resin becomes highly viscous paste, there was added a certain amount of solvent, and stir the mixture thoroughly;
- The prepared composition is immediately applied to join joints of aluminum products, which are then tightly pressed against each other;
- After some time the mixture polymerized that can be detected by a change in its color. Then the pressure on the joint can be removed, and to use the design then purpose.
The company Electrocentury-steel implements low-cost compositions for the production of cold welding aluminum products. The supplier delivers products to the address indicated by the customer.
Cold plastic welding aluminum parts
In this case, the use of special distorting equipment — presses, but the quality of the connection according to its mechanical characteristics is not inferior to the original metal, and in some cases surpasses it.
There are two technological solutions:
- Cold riveting. In the joined parts get holes, in which are inserted the special rivets (hollow or solid) of wrought aluminum alloy or pure aluminum. Then, using special tools rivet upset. Metal under pressure fills the gaps, forming a secure attachment; the strength of the joint corresponds to the ultimate strength of rivets in shear:
- Cold heading/sludge. Such «welding» can be carried out both for flat surfaces and joints. In the first case, a conical punches from opposite sides squeeze the tabs, which are then subjected to the sediment on the hydraulic presses. Place cold welding is held under pressure for a few seconds to overcome the inertia of the plastic metal. At butt cold welding of the ends is placed in a matrix with a projection of 2…4 mm, after which the impact under the RAM of a hydraulic press. In this case, the connections are additionally hardened due to plastic deformation of aluminium.
Plastic cold welding can be performed only relative to the wrought aluminium and its alloys.
To buy tooling and consumables for cold pressure welding of aluminium and its alloys, the company offers Electrocentury-steel. Are economically profitable producer prices. Supplier guarantees delivery of products in the item set by the client.