Arc welding of copper
Buy equipment and consumables needed for arc welding of copper, offers the company Elektrovek-steel. Products are sold at favorable prices of the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees timely delivery to any point specified by the customer.
Possible options for copper arc welding
The process can be carried out with a conventional graphite electrode or filler wire, the coating of which consists of certain coatings.
When using carbon electrodes, there are sharp temperature differences between the individual areas. In view of the high thermal conductivity of copper, this causes significant stresses to occur, resulting in the appearance of cracks after welding. Therefore, welding with graphite electrodes is only permissible for non-essential connections of parts of considerable thickness.
Arc welding of copper using electrode wire gives more stable results, but for this purpose the composition of the coatings must completely correspond to the grade of copper. Otherwise, other elements may be present at the edges / boundaries of the seam which will also cause residual stresses. The coating usually contains a dry charge, which is mixed with sodium silicate. The disadvantage of the method is the presence of pores in the finished seam, and the spattering of the metal during the welding process.
The best results are given by welding under a layer of flux using a non-melting tungsten electrode. High-temperature ceramic compounds are introduced into the flux.
Electrovek-steel company offers at the manufacturer’s price the equipment and consumables required for high-quality arc welding of copper. The supplier ensures the timely delivery of products to the address set by the client.
Sequence of arc welding of copper
The process is carried out in the following sequence:
- The filler material is laid in the joint between the parts to be welded;
- The electrode is sharpened in the form of a blade, in order that the propagation of heat from the arc occurs more evenly;
- The welding zone is covered with flux;
- Turn on the current (the polarity of the process is reverse), after which the welding zone is first heated by briefly touching the electrode, and then the current is increased from the calculation: by 1 mm the thickness of the products is 75… 100 A;
- Serve the filler wire. To maintain the required structural homogeneity, this should be a copper wire made of copper grades M0 or M1. The speed of moving the electrode along the surface should be as high as possible, and not lower than 1 mm / s.
Buy at an affordable price supplier supplies and accessories for arc welding of copper offers the company Elektrovek-steel. The supplier ensures prompt delivery of all components of the process to the point indicated by the customer.